Book Haul

It seems as though every time I leave the house, when I return I have a bag filled with new books. I can't help myself. I just love buying new books. Already I have a pile in my room that is probably as tall as - if not taller - than me. But when I saw these particular books, I had to pick them up. I was drawn in by the pretty covers and the "2 for £7" and "3 for £5" deals at Asda and The Works (how can I walk away from absolute bargains like that?!). 

Geek Girl: Forever Geek - Holly Smale
Having read all of the other books in the Geek Girl series, I had to purchase the final one to find out how Harriet's story ends. For those unfamiliar with these books, Harriet Manners is a geek. She knows all kinds of crazy facts; like did you know Shakespeare came up with the word eyeball? But Harriet is no ordinary geek. She's also a model. She was spotted at a fashion event and was suddenly thrust into the alien world of modelling that she still doesn't understand. After a rollercoaster romance with Lion Boy (Nick), many mishaps with eccentric agent Wilbur and the exciting introduction of a new family member, (not to mention all of the awkward incidents she finds herself caught up in!); I feel like I've grown up alongside Harriet. While I'm excited to see what happens next for her, I'm quite sad that this series is ending - is this what growing up feels like?! Maybe after finishing this I should just re-start the whole series...
A Quiet Kind of Thunder - Sara Barnard

What drew me to A Quiet Kind of Thunder in the first place was its unbelievably pretty front cover. I love the colours and the font - then I realised it was written by Sara Bernard, who also penned one of the best books I read in 2016, Beautiful Broken Things (which looks gorgeous side by side with this book, can I just add). I can't wait to read this because if it's half as good as Sara's other novel, I know I'm going to love it.

Eleanor and Park - Rainbow Rowell

Again, I grabbed this book immediately when I saw the author. Fangirl, which is also by Rainbow Rowell was another of my top reads from last year. So many of my friends have read Eleanor and Park and absolutely loved it. I've heard nothing but good things about this book so I can't wait to read it. I have no idea about the plot but Rainbow Rowell creates such dynamic yet relatable characters so I'm excited to get to know Eleanor and Park.

The Cherry Tree Cafe - Heidi Swain

So I think the main thing we have established in this blog post is that I choose books either based on their authorship, or because they have pretty covers. And oh my gosh just look at the cover of this one! I've never come across Heidi Swain before but I couldn't just walk past this in the shop without picking it up; I need this on my bookshelf. I also love adult fiction like this, with a heroine who's down on her luck but ends up finding her happy ending (usually in the shape of a man). To me, books like this are such easy reads that can be enjoyed in only a couple of sittings and are perfect to peruse out in the garden over the last few days of summer. I'm particularly excited for this one.

Silence is Goldfish - Annabel Pitcher 
I loved Annabel Pitcher's other two books; My Sister Lives On The Mantelpiece and Ketchup Clouds so I had to get this one to complete the set. Annabel's trio of books don't shy away from difficult topics, including death, terrorism, mental health issues and family problems, which actually makes them quite refreshing as they're different to books I've ever read before. I also love the colour of this cover and the font used not only on the front but inside too. Is that weird? I love a book with a cool but easy to read font, which this book has. Is anyone else like this?! :') This one is up first on my 'To Read' list so I can review it once I'm finished, if that's something you would like to see.

That's all of the books in my haul today, but knowing me I'll be back very soon with another one! I'd love to know if you've read any of these or which ones you'll be adding to your list of books to read. 

♡ 

Comments

  1. Great post, I love hauls! :) All the books has got interesting covers so probably they has got interesting stories too. Somebody said "don't judge a book by its cover" but when the book has got a great cover, it's nicer to read it!! ;)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment