The Book Lovers' Tag

Mostly this blog will be reviewing books, but although I can read fairly quickly, I can't read that quickly, so in between reviews will be *drum roll please* tags! Basically tags are just a series of questions that bloggers have asked or answered, and are fun for other people to answer too. I've been sifting through some of my favourite book blogs and found a fair few, so I'll also be doing those over the coming months - who knows, I might even have a go at creating my own!

I thought this would be perfect to do as my first tag...

The Book Lovers' Tag



Do you have a specific place for reading?
Usually I read on/in my bed depending on the time of day, or sometimes curled up with a blanket on the sofa, but my all time favourite place to read is lounging by the pool on holiday. I seem to get through books so quickly when I'm lying in the sun, multitasking obviously; reading, tanning and relaxing at the same time!

Bookmarks or a random piece of paper?
Although I'm guilty of often shoving in a random receipt or bus ticket to keep my place, I do have a special Disney bookmark that I've owned for years and tend to use most of the time. 

Can you just stop reading anywhere or do you have to finish a chapter?
I have to finish a chapter, unless I'm reeaaally tired or reading a few pages while waiting for something (e.g. waiting for a friend to come over), then I have to just stop where I am (although it drives me mad doing this, until I can get home and pick up where I left off!)

Do you eat or drink while reading?
I used to often eat while I was reading and it's only now when I'm re-reading some of those books and I find chocolate stains or biscuit crumbs between the pages that I have stopped doing this because nobody likes to find 2 year old biscuit crumbs, do they?!

Music or TV while reading?
Neither, I'm too easily distracted. When I'm reading I like to just focus on the story.

One book at a time or several?
One. When I was younger I used to read a couple at a time but now I prefer to just stick to one. Although currently I am persevering with Breakfast at Tiffany's while reading Ketchup Clouds. I found Breakfast at Tiffany's very difficult to get into and 30 pages in, I have to admit I'm a bit lost! Whereas Ketchup Clouds seemed like a really good book and is such an easy read so I decided to start that instead but I will keep going with Breakfast at Tiffany's, I promise! *crosses fingers behind my back* ;)

Do you prefer to read at home or elsewhere?
I feel like I have kind of already answered this in the first question so usually at home but I love reading on my yearly holiday in the sun.

Read out loud or silently?
Definitely silently!

Do you read ahead or skip pages?
Ooooh, I'm quite guilty of reading ahead when it's getting exciting. I don't ever skip pages but I have been known to scan the page to find out what is about to happen because I can't focus on what is being said anyway when I'm in suspense! I do go back and read it properly though after reaching the exciting bit.

Breaking the spine or keeping it like new?
I try to keep the spine like new when I'm reading but once I finish a book and the spine is still in tact, I feel like I haven't loved the book enough! Is that weird? I would never purposely break the spine, but I think when it is broken it proves the book has been well loved.

Do you write in your books?
No. A few of my old Cathy Cassidy's and Jacqueline Wilson's have my name scrawled in the front in my messy 8-year-old handwriting but now I never would. 


That's all of the questions. I hope you enjoyed my first tag and I tag all of you reading this to do it too. If you have any other questions you'd like me to answer, or any requests of posts you'd like me to do, then feel free to comment below.

Thanks & happy reading!

Comments

  1. Hello Rach, I flippin floppin loved this post! :D And thank you for the follow on Bloglovin! I am certainly intrigued to give this tag ago at some point :D I don't normally ask this but seen as I have just done a tag collaboration post I'm really excited about them so if you would ever like to collab on anything lovely then don't hesitate to ask! :) More importantly however, your post was so fun to read :) I love the "2 year biscuit crumbs" bit :) and I am completely the same with having to not have the telly or music on while reading! A buzzing chatter of coffee shop goes or train riders however I find very relaxing and actually helps me read! Certainly going to be doing a a bit of seaside reading before the summer is out however! Books out bikinis out in my oppinion! Well maybe not in the UK, haha ;) Oh lovely I was going to say as well (you most probably already know this and have everything set up and I'm about to look like a boob, haha) but on Bloglovin you can link your blog to your profile so people can click it and go straight to another Bloglovin page which is dedicated to your blog and shows all your uploads in order, as well as having a link to your blog right at the top of the page! And you can get a button to go on your blog so people can follow your blog on Bloglovin too. All I had to do was upload a post including a link from Bloglovin to link my blog to it! Then people can read your perfect posts straight from Bloglovin or click "read on site" to go to your blog directly and read it there. I hope this helps lovely and if you already knew that or didn't want to do that I do apologise just call me a boob, haha :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ellie! Lovely to finally meet a fellow blogger! Thank you so much, I'm really glad you liked it <3 Also I would loooove to do a collab, if you have Instagram feel free to drop me a DM, I'm @xdaisiechain or message me on here if you prefer. I'm not sure how collabs work as I've never done one before and I'm afraid my following on here is very small/non-existent haha - ;) - but I'd love to give it a go! "Books out, bikinis out" is going to be my new life motto, hahaha! :D And thank you so much for letting me know, I had no idea! I think I've done both now - I'm still quite new at this so at times I have no idea what I'm doing haha; all tips & advice is welcome! So you certainly don't look like a boob ;) (or perhaps a very helpful one haha!) Can't wait to have a nosey around your blog and hope we can chat more soon. Rachel xx

      Delete
    2. Aww, you are moreeee than welcome lovely! It has been a pleasure finding and looking through your blog! And I think I have found you on Instagram now so we can message away whenever you fancy :) That would be wonderful also in terms of collaborating! I would feel honnored to collaborate with such a wonderful writer! And please do not worry at all! I also have a smaller following but it is not the numbers that matter. It is the quality and the passion, which you more than certainly have! :) Haha, I'm excited for you new life motto, :D I think I'm going to from now on caption myself as a helpful boob; I like that one! Haha :) and no worries at all :) I have been blogging for 3 years and I'm still the ultimate nooby booby! Haha :) I too would love that and hope we can have many a chat :) and I really hope you enjoy my blog :) Make yourself at home, haha! :) Xx

      Delete
  2. Hello!
    Great post - interesting answers :) Your blog is nice!
    Thank you so much for following me on Bloglovin'!! I also followed you :) I see that you also have a blog on Blogspot, like me, haha :D
    I'll be very, very grateful if you follow me blog and, if you can, write a comment somewhere. It's very important for me, maybe I'll tell you why one day ;)
    Have a nice evening!! <3
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ann, thank you so much! No problem, haha we are Blogspot buddies :D
      Of course I'd love to check out your blog, can't wait! <3 xxx

      Delete
    2. Aww, thank you so much for visiting my blog and your nice comments!! <3 Now I'm a little busy but in my free time I'll read some your posts :)

      Delete

Post a Comment